I was able to schedule my phone interview at the same time I received the result of my web-based interview. You can use an online system to view available interview times. There were several days and times available, going as late as 11pm—to accommodate those living not on the east coast, I assume, but it was helpful for my busy schedule.
The interview was very short, only 15 or 20 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly, but clearly trying to move briskly. I ranked my top positions as concierge, vacation planner, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Make note of what you ranked on your application; I didn’t and was caught off-guard when asked. Most of the questions for very generic. There’s a good list of potential questions here.
Some example questions:
- "Have you lived in a dorm setting? How have you dealt with conflicts with roommates?"
- "How do you handle it when you have too much to do and not enough time to do it?"
- Short description of the Disney Look, followed by “Are you able to comply with the Disney Look?”
- "Do you feel comfortable handling food?"
- "How do you feel about meeting sales goals?"
- "What would you suggest to a family asking for a dinner recommendation?"
- "How would you handle a child who was shy/scared (in relation to BBB)?"
- "Why do you want to work for Disney?"
- "How do you think the College Program will help you in your professional goals?"
I used my waitressing experience a lot during the interview, though I’ve had much more professional experience since then. I’ve heard that Disney appreciates waiting experience because of its customer service and fast-paced aspects. I would recommend thinking about whatever experience you have dealing directly with customers before the interview.
My number one piece of advice: be confident. Smile on the phone. They want to see that you’re mature and sure of yourself so you will succeed when you’re independently working during the program.
Just wondering, I put High Interest on Photo Pass and Moderate on Attractions but have since changed my mind and would say BBB, Attractions, and Character attendant are my top 3. Will I get the opportunity to say my top 3 or will they only ask me about the ones on my application ?ReplyDelete
They asked me what my top 3 were during the interview. I'm not even sure I only put "high interest" for 3 roles, I may have put high interest for ones other than my top 3. Good luck on your phone interview!Delete